Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Day 12 - Cusco, Peru (4th Jan 12)

We took a luxury coach from Nazca to Cusco. It costed around 150 Peruvian soles (S$75, US$60) for 14 hours journey from the lowland warm desert to the cold Andes highland.

Andes highland (at least 4500-5000m elevation). I was in desert yesterday, and this morning, I saw this view from the bus. Experiencing symptoms of altitude sickness- breathlessness, dizziness, nausea etc... But the view was great!! :) 

Fortunately, the bus descended to lower elevation and my altitude sickness subsided. 


Beautiful Andes Highland.
I love the BLUE Sky!

Farmland.

Whenever I saw the farmers working hard on the field, I am really grateful that I have the opportunity to travel the world.

Green initiative.

Beautiful!!!
View of Cusco City (3400m).


Cobbled Street of Cusco. 

I was supposed to meet PY 4 days later in Cusco. She texted me the location to meet and said that I would love this city. Indeed, I like it the moment I arrived.

Local Bus Station where we bought our bus tickets for the forward journey.

Street View.

Plaza De Ames of Cusco


Italian Dinner @ Cicciolina
Cusco (being the gateway to Machu Picchu) has many international tourists, hence, there is no lacking in good restaurant. I found the food here to be delicious, but HY (who just came back from Italy) felt that it was not up to standard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment